Chocolate Chip Cookies
NESTLE TOLL HOUSE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
by Layne Richardson
March 9, 2018
My time with my mom growing up was and still is fairly limited. I have always enjoyed the memories shared while mixing up a batch of Nestle Toll House cookie batter in her Kitchenaid stand mixer. This wasn’t something that we would plan, but an all-of-the-sudden, “hey, lets get a bag of chocolate chips!” At the grocery store. We would talk about life while waiting to hear the timer on the oven beep signaling that it was time to put the cookies on the cooling rack, however we were impatient so we would eat a piping hot cookie and burn our mouths yet still enjoy how amazing the melted chocolate tasted. We would laugh and continue eating the cookies together even if it did slowly destroy our taste buds. In those moments we were just Mother and Son, no problems. Hopefully you can make memories with a batch of these famous cookies too:)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.