SketchUp on a Chromebook
From TSAS Library
- Log in with your @tsas.org email address
- Go to your mail box, then click the Google Apps button:
- Click "More" at the bottom, then
- See Stallings if there is not a SketchUp option, but ensure first that you are using your @tsas.org email
|3D Print Training Series|
|Next up: Making the 3D Printing Badge|
|Laser Training Series|
|Next up: Drawing your design|
- Select the search button
- Type and choose "Parallel Projection." This will make your drawing one-dimensional
- Search again for "Top" to display your image from the correct orientation
- Choose the tools on the left side, then select the instructor button for more information
- When creating a circle, select the centerpoint, then release the mouse and type in the diameter you want
- When creating a square, select a corner, then drag in the direction you want and type in the dimensions, e.g.
1.5 cm, 2 cmor
9 3/4", 12 7/8"
Export for Laser Cutting
- Under the file menu, choose "Export," then "DXF," then "2D"
- Choose 1:1, leave all other options as default
- Press "Export" at the bottom
- Wait a moment, then a download option will appear at the top
- Put this file on a thumb drive, or save to your Google Drive, to import to the laser software
If your design has been rotated, repeat steps 2 & 3 of the Drawing section to realign. You'll also need to draw a random shape then delete to force it to re-save.