From TSAS Library
How to Win at Scholarships
Google Drive is your friend here. My suggestion for tackling them: write in Google Drive, creating a folder that includes:
- documents with the general essays you write (they will often repeat),
- PDF copies of completed applications named like this: NameOfScholarship DateOfAnnouncement
- a spreadsheet with names of scholarships, date due, date applied, notes, letters of recommendation, amount, and whether you earned them.
- OKcollegestart.org is operated by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and lists over 20,000 local scholarships available. The website also offers financial advice, and calculators to help you understand what to expect in the future.
- In addition to Oklahoma's Promise, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education offer a large number of scholarships on their website, as well.
- The Oklahoma City Community Foundation has an extensive list of locally-funded scholarships available.
- The Tulsa Community Foundation does, too.
- Simon Estes Educational Foundation Scholarship awards $2,500/yr for four years. Applicants must have a 3.5 GPA and have been accepted by an accredited university. Special consideration is given to African American, Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic, and Native American students, but all students should apply. Applications usually due in early March
- Coca-Cola Scholars Program recognizes students who have demonstrated leadership and service. The website linked above also contains general scholarship guidance.
- Gates Scholarship for Pell-eligible students of color with a 3.3 GPA. Covers all cost of attendance beyond expected Financial Aid. Applications due mid-September
- NACE Foundation offers MANY scholarships to students, especially those going into STEM fields.
- The Coolidge Scholarship covers all expenses for a four-year degree. Open to all students with an exceptional academic standing and an interest in public policy. Open only to juniors
Resources for Juniors
- The Coolidge is a highly-selective scholarship that offers a full ride to any university in the nation.
- Carson Scholars Fund $1,000 scholarship for students in grades 4–11 dedicated to community service. Requires school nomination, so see Stallings for details.
Resources for Native students
- Cherokee Nation Foundation Scholarships and contact information
Resources for Dreamers
- Google Drive is always your friend. Google Drive is life.