Oklahoma's Promise (or OKPromise, formerly known as OHLAP) is a state-funded program that pays full tuition to any public university in Oklahoma for families making less than $50,000 per year.
Go here to sign up if your family makes under $50k each year. This will pay for your college tuition to any OK public university, and a good amount to any private university. All you need to do is:
Do your homework.
No, really. HALF of the seniors last year on OKPromise lost their money because their GPA was below a 2.5. You need the following:
- A 2.5 GPA in your core classes. See this list for which are core.
- A 2.5 GPA overall.
Do this, and you'll earn over $50,000 for your four years in college. Don't, and you'll need to find that money elsewhere.
Fill out the FAFSA.
More information on that on the FAFSA page.
You probably just need to update your address or school. Unfortunately, we cannot do that for you. Go here and follow the directions.
- OSU's Cowboy Covenant promises free tuition and $1,000 per year toward housing, books, and fees for all OKPromise recipients.
- RSU's Hillcat Promise offers free tuition and $1,000 per year toward housing, books, and fees for all OKPromise recipients.
- NSU does not offer additional money, but does not subtract grants and scholarships from the OKPromise money. This is an excellent program; watch the video on their site for further explanation.
- TU's Hurricane Pledge will match OKPromise funds "dollar for dollar" toward tuition.
Looking for another university? Simply Google the name of your university and OKPromise to find out what they have to offer you.
Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant
Known as OTEG, this grant is available to OKPromise students whose private school tuition is greater than the OKPromise grant. The following universities offer an additional $2000 per semester under this program:
- Bacone College
- Family of Faith Christian University
- Mid-America Christian University
- Oklahoma Baptist University
- Oklahoma Christian University
- Oklahoma City University
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University
- Oral Roberts University
- Randall University (formerly Hillsdale Free Will Baptist College)
- Southern Nazarene University
- Southwestern Christian University
- St. Gregory's University
- The University of Tulsa
For more information, contact your university's bursar or the Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant Program at 800.858.1840.
- "OKLAHOMA TUITION EQUALIZATION GRANT (OTEG)." OKcollegestart.org.