TSAS currently has two 3D printers: a Printrbot Play and a Prusa i3 port Anet A8, called The Extruder by its builders. Technical information on our PrintrBot Play is here, and info on the Anet A8 is here.
3D Print Training Series
- Install Sketchup and extensions
- Build the 3D Printing Badge
- Slice the badge
- Print it!
- Watch it print!
- Find a model, or make one. We can currently print up to 4" x 4" x 5" models on the PrintrBot. The Extruder prints up to 8" x 8" x 8" when fully operational.
- Be sure to share your designs and creations in the Gallery!
- You may not print objects subject to trademark or copyright law
- There is no charge to print original objects (those created by you) or those used for a class
- Objects created by another artist not used for class cost $1.00 per hour of printing time
- No weapons, including blades or firearms (including non-working replicas) may be printed
- No object that would violate the student code of conduct may be printed
If you use these, tell us! We are always looking for better workflows.
- MakerCAM, a very simple CAM program